Somehow, between the Tour de Fat, a quick trip to Salida to ride Monarch Crest and life, the first week of September slipped by without a newsletter. My apologies.
Luckily there wasn’t a whole lot going on last week aside from a volunteer meeting for the 40 in the Fort. If you missed it and plan to volunteer, don’t worry. We’ll still take you and you can still volunteer HERE.
(By the way, before expenses, the Tour brought in a bit over 85k this year. Once we settle up with New Belgium, we’ll know what the total is for Overland and the Bike Co-op. Thanks again to our many, many volunteers. It was a great day. And thanks again to New Belgium. They are great partners.)
Tonight's Singletrack Social will be at Spring Canyon Park. Take Horesetooth west until it ends. Park past the dog park. Hope to see you there.
We call our Wednesday night group ride a "social" because that's our intent. We want the ride to be casual. We want all levels of riders to feel welcome. We want you to have a good time. We have a few guidelines we follow to make sure this happens:
1. We split up into ability groups.
2. Someone from the club always sweeps.
3. We stop. We chat. We catch our breath.
4. We encourage each other.
5. We always yield to others and use exceptional trail etiquette.
6. We don't "drop" anyone.
7. We always socialize afterwards. (If we are at someone's house, please bring something
8. Rides are always weather dependent and trail condition dependent. If it's not raining but it rained the day before and the trails are sloppy, we won't ride.