Skip to main content

Can We Ask You Out? And other weekly tidbits

July 23, 2012 by bikekor

TONIGHT'S MONTHLY MEETING IS AT THE RIO
It's the 4th Monday of the month which means it's meeting time. Our meeting for July has been moved to the Rio Grande Mexican restaurant in Old Town due to the Drake Center's closure. We meet upstairs in the Agave Room which is accessed from the outside. Meeting starts at 6:30 and runs until 8 or so.

Jeff Kerkove, of Team Ergon, will talk about his experiences as a professional racer and showing some great pics, etc. Jeff is currently planning on starting the Colorado Trail Race soon.

NOTHING LIKE A WEEKEND AWAY

Monthly Meeting: Venue Change and Jeff Kerkove to present

July 19, 2012 by bikekor

Unfortuntately, the Drake Park Centre has closed its doors. We will return to the Rio and meet in the Agave Room on Monday, July 23.  

Local pro racer, Jeff Kerkove, with Team Ergon will give a presentation and we will socialize afterwards.  Hope to see you there. 

Looking Ahead: Let's camp, Let's fix Sawmill, Let's help

July 16, 2012 by bikekor

TIME AWAY    
I've had the pleasure of getting away a little more this summer. This past weekend we did an adventure race in Breckenridge and then rode parts of the Peaks trail and Colorado trail. If you're not finding time to get out and get away, let's chat. The recharge is worth it. 

HELP NEEDED   

Benefit a success, 40 in the Fort news, campout and more

July 9, 2012 by bikekor

RAIN, RAIN.  Some much needed moisture has finally come. I hope none of you have had any flooding or other negative effects from the precipitation. I also hope you've manage to stay off the trails for a bit so that the ground can recover. And believe it or not, you can get a decent workout climbing the dams on your mountain bike. In fact, better than your road bike. Climbing the north dam with fat tires is nothing short of tedious. Anyway, I digress. Looks like we could still get some more rain. This week's social ride could be cancelled. Keep an eye out on our Facebook page and the Overland website. 

High Park Fire Benefit - Monday, July 2

June 29, 2012 by bikekor

 On Monday, July 2nd, Your Group Ride and Ronny Bush are hosting a short track race series to benefit the Rist Canyon Fire Department who lost their station during the High Park Fire.  

For all the information, visit Your Group Ride.

We'll be out there with our tent and some schwag. Hope to see you there.

Social Ride Tonight

June 27, 2012 by bikekor

 Tonight's Singletrack Social will be at Spring Canyon Park. Take Horesetooth west until it ends. Park past the dog park. Hope to see you there. 

40 in the Fort - Postponed

June 25, 2012 by bikekor

After much discussion, Overland Mountain Bike Club will postpone the 2nd annual 40 in the Fort mountain bike endurance race due to the High Park fire.

This has not been an easy decision to make, but at this time, we feel it is in the best interest of our volunteers, our racers and the community at-large to move the race to our back-up date of September 15.

Looking for some Saturday action? Try Curt Gowdy.

June 22, 2012 by bikekor

The trail day at Curt Gowdy is running. If you were planning to work Sawmill, why not go to Gowdy and then ride after? This is from Paul up at Gowdy.

June 20th Social Ride Moved to Coyote Ridge - Post Ride Fire Fundraiser at Avo's

June 19, 2012 by pskram

Due to the High Park Fire, we are moving the starting location of the social ride this week to the  Coyote Ridge trailhead (on the west side of Taft Hill Road, south of Trilby).

We will devise rides that will be appropriate for all skill levels.

The post ride get together will be held at Avogadro's Number (605 South Mason Street, Fort Collins).  They are having a High Park Fire Benefit with live music and a silent auction.  Please try to make it.
 

40 IN THE FORT UPDATE - RACE STATUS

June 19, 2012 by pskram

As many of you know, the High Park Fire has forced the temporary closures of both Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain Park, where we hold the 40 in the Fort race.  We are currently operating under the assumption that the race will take place, but realize that there is a strong possibility that the parks will not be available to us on race day. 
 
We are working with the land agencies to make a final determination about whether the race can take place.  We will notify everyone of the that determination on Monday, June 25th.
 
If we cannot hold the race on July 7th, we have reserved an alternate race date of Saturday, September 15th.
 
We will release further details when we have them.  Thanks for your patience.

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes