Looking Ahead: Let's camp, Let's fix Sawmill, Let's help
July 16, 2012 by bikekor
I've had the pleasure of getting away a little more this summer. This past weekend we did an adventure race in Breckenridge and then rode parts of the Peaks trail and Colorado trail. If you're not finding time to get out and get away, let's chat. The recharge is worth it.
The High Park Fire threw a wrench in a few of our activities this summer. Luckily, we've been able to reschedule them. This does mean, however, that we're packing a lot of stuff in towards the end of the season, especially in September. We need your help with the following events. Often times, we rely on a few people to do a lot. This year, we need a lot of people to help us make these events a success. We don't have all the sign up sheets ready, but please choose a couple that you can help with and put them on your calendar. Sign up sheets will be available soon on our Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Tour de Fat - Labor Day Weekend. This is our major fundraiser. We need everyone there.
- 40 in the Fort - another fundraiser and great event. September 15.
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, October 6
- Sawmill Trail Days, Aug 4 and 18.
- Trail Day for the City, Sep 22.
CAMPOUT - THIS WEEKEND
- Sign up on the Overland website so we can plan for Saturday night's food. If you don't know the password/login, email us for it.
- We camp at CAMP JACK, (Not to be confused with Happy Jack) the large group campground just west of the main entrance on the north side of the road. Here's a handy brochure that shows it's location. It's a dirt road and a gate. Keep driving back past the one outhouse and you'll see the camp area. Set up your tent/pop-up in the field. There's lots of room.
- Bring supplies. We'll feed you on Saturday night but you're responsible for everything else. The nearest store is miles away. It's helpful to come prepared.
- If you can't camp, but have Saturday free, drive up for the day.
- If you aren't a member and want to join us for the weekend, join now.
DON'T BE THROWN UNDER THE BUS...MEMBERSHIP